Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend Recap: Local Haunts

Hello Lovelies!  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  D and I had a low key, semi-productive couple of days.

Our new home is less than a mile from Kirkwood high school and we have the pleasure of hearing some of the highlights from the local football games on Friday nights.  Growing up in Texas where high school football is a religion, I not so secretly love the sound of the announcer, the crowds, the band! - all of it!  This past Friday, I was pretty close to dawning a red shirt like some of my neighbors and heading over to the fields.  Alas, we settled on grilling some salmon and enjoying a glass of wine in the backyard with the game as the perfect ambient noise.

Saturday I went shopping with some girlfriends from work, one who has recently relocated to St. Louis, and I was so excited to share some local favorites!

We started off at this new-to-me AMAZING fabric warehouse in an industrial business park close to our old house.  Anatol's is INCREDIBLE with tons of designer fabrics at great prices.  I'm planning on coming back with my mom in a few weeks to stock up on fabrics for new pillows, curtains and cornices!

it's like they wanted me to take a pic - random website call out mid store?
 
We then headed to my FAVORITE store ever, that we've talked about before: Arhaus.  The ladies were just as excited as I was! I truly believe this store has something for everyone.  They even have a great sale going on right now so you should totally check it out, even just for inspiration.
 
i literally could just live inside of this store. no need to take it home.
 
After lots of lusting and a quick trip to Nordstrom Rack, we headed to three of my favs off Manchester.  First up is K. Hall Design.  Call me a devotee, all my hand soap, room spray, and 90% of my candles are from this wonderful shop.  I couldn't be more proud of them too, as they've recently gotten national distribution in Anthropologie.  Their products are natural, smell wonderful and are truly a lovely little indulgence, not to mention that their home decor section is simply charming - very nautical/french/vintage chic.
 
 
 crummy pic, from k. hall website - the best scent ever!
 
We then headed to what I think is a "sleeper" shop - the Gifted Gardener.  This little guy is so jam packed with so many cuties and a great deal of fun furniture.  We rounded it out with a trip to the White Rabbit.  This store actually does all the pinterest projects you pin but never get around to and turns trash into treasure on a daily basis. And the best part? They don't charge an arm and a leg for it! Most of their painted furniture runs between $150 and $400 for the biggies.  Their jewelry, hardware and accessories are also so fun - I get the BEST Christmas decorations here.
 
photo from White Rabbit's site.  every nook and cranny is filled with this awesomeness!
 
 
So after a lovely day of shopping, D and I regrouped to do a trial run for some delicious ribs that we're planning on having over Labor Day with some guests.  More on that recipe next week and some updates on the kitchen later this week. 
 
By the way, did I miss any secret stores in STL?  I always love hearing about new little shops!
 
xoxo,
KC
 

 

 


1 comment:

  1. How 'bout that Drive-Thru Ann's Bra Shoppe out in Chesterfield????? What a gas....

    ReplyDelete