Friday, September 14, 2012

Feeling like Fall

These past few nights D and I have been sleeping with the windows open and it's definitely starting to feel more like Fall.  I always used to favor Spring over Fall, with everything starting to bloom and those big blue skies and crisp air after what can only be described as a gray Missouri winter, but then we decided to get married in October so fall has definitely grown on me.

This fall is going to be a bit different, both because we have a new home (and TONS of leaves to rake) and it's our first married Fall together.  This time last year I was entering the home stretch of wedding planning and sleeping with the windows open and enjoying a few crunchy leaves didn't even cross my mind.

D has always loved Fall. I think my husband is the only grown man who still does back to school shopping and gets giddy about all the coziness that Fall brings. I'm excited to embrace some of the fun Fall things that we missed last year what with wedding planning and taking our honeymoon for most of October.

lots of fire pits and smores in our fall future - this was the set up at our wedding!
 
 
st. louis balloon glow is this weekend - the official start to fall!
 
In addition to game nights, wine parties and lots of movies by the fire, I'm also excited to work on my "Fall To Do List" - all the house things I've been putting off until it's too cold to pull weeds, paint furniture and putz around in the garage.
 

Before we get to Fall, we still have a few more projects to wrap up outside, namely: cleaning up the ivy mess in the front, taking down a poor tree in the back that didn't quite make it this summer and installing a french drain.  That last one should be pretty laborious but we should have some family/worker bees coming to visit in October so hopefully that will help the progress along.
 
What are you most excited about this Fall?
 
xoxo.
KC
 


1 comment:

  1. SEW!? My favorite part about this post was my bff going back to school shopping. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete